Sunday, February 6, 2011

*Weekend of Cravings!*

Okay, so actually I've been wanting sweets all week. As much as I avoid standard desserts (ie. non-organic, sugar laden, etc) I gave into a cookie at our SuperBowl potluck on Friday. EW! YUK! What was I thinking?! One bite and it went in the trash. Ok, time to get control over the "emotional" eating. I will say I'm glad I have come far enough in my nutritional journey that my body, my tastes buds, immediately reject anything that is not nourishing.

I decided I HAD to make some fabulous nourishing guilt-free treats this weekend. I started with a Coconut Cake with Coconut- Honey Frosting! Delish! My inspiration came from this recipe over at Nourished Kitchen. Although I opted for a single layer cake and cut the recipe in half. I even added some shredded coconut on top for decoration. After about an hour in the kitchen I had created a wonderfully yummy treat that was completely gluten-free, sugar-free, and guilt-free!



This recipe is high in fiber thanks to the coconut flour, protein rich and just sweet enough. The frosting is a little high in fat due to the coconut butter, but it is "good" fat. You know those medium chain fatty acids that are hard to find in other "fatty" foods? ;)

Today I'm off to make some raw vegan brownies...

No comments:

Post a Comment