Thursday, February 3, 2011

*Finally*

So, finally, here I am! After spending a few weeks agonizing over just the right name and playing graphic designer for another week to create my banner I've been "sitting" on this blog for several months. *Note: I'm a bit of a perfectionist ;)* My intention was to create a place where I can post all my learning and experiences with wellness- total health and well-being, body, mind and spirit. This surge of creativity and inspiration had me in whirlwind, and then it happend. Block. What?! My enthusiasm never really dwindled I just suddenly felt stuck. You know, like a clogged drain where so much is trying to come out it just gets "stuck." But I knew if I unplugged it too fast the contents of my mind would spew in an ever confusion gush and I would be at a loss for my balance and harmony. Sounds dramatic right? LOL Truthfully as I write this now I realize it was fear that caused my "block." Fear of not being as good as the rest of  writers I follow in blog-o-sphere. Fear of being the newbie. Fear that no one would read or like what I have to share. One of my favorite movitating phrases is "If I wasn't afraid of _____, I would_____", and here I was letting fear hold me back. One of the biggest challenges in life is overcoming our fears no matter how big or small. I have something to offer the world and that's why I am here!

I am primarily self-taught, although I have taken a few classes, on the matters of food, nutrition and herbalism. When I first became obessed with these subjects I thought I needed to go back to school. Which I tried. However it's not for me; not right now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE learning new things, but it just didn't work with my life at the time. I have also come to realize I don't need fancy credentials to share my knowledge, which is based on the hundreds of books I've scoured, teleseminars I've listened to, my intuition and my experimentation. Isn't there a saying that experience is our best teacher? I encourage everyone one I know to be self-motivated and self-educated. Someone can teach you everything they know, but you have to be the one who learns and integrates that knowledge. So as the guy from Reading Rainbow would say: "Of course, you don't have to take my word for it..." My goal is for the information and thoughts I share to be motivating and provoking.

My life, like everyone else's, has been complex and unique. My experiences and choices have shapped the person I am today. That person is ever evolving. I will never stop learning. I will never stop growing. My kiddos remind me of this everyday. I hope you enjoy what you see on this blog, and join me in this journey called life.

To Health and Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment